Skip to main content

Surviving As An Indie Artist: Music Review (Crooked Flower)

I was sent a music video titled "Around & Around". The video is of a band named "Crooked Flower". I really enjoyed the video and music. The music sounds really good. The lead singer has a sweet, sultry voice. The lyrics of the song are great. The chorus of the song is very catchy. The video is engaging. I enjoyed the use of all the psychedelic colors. The only thing I did not like about the video, is that at certain points, it was clear that the lead singer was lip singing. That made the video slightly cheesy. I love the section of the song that starts around 3:20. I assume this is the bridge of the song. The vocals and guitar during the bridge are soulful and passionate. Overall, this song is a hit.

Check out Around & Around by Crooked Flower

Written by Raye Cray

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving As An Indie Artist: Music Review ( Sundogs)

I was sent a track titled "Alive Tonight". This track was created by the duo "Sundogs". They are a Seattle based band that was formed by Stan Snow and Jed Moffitt. "Alive Tonight" is a well crafted tune. The intro and music for this tune is mesmerizing. I especially love the guitar  and tambourine solo. I am not a big fan of the lyrics for the verses. I can not relate to them. However, I did enjoy the chorus. The chorus is simple, catchy and most people can relate to feeling alive at some point in their lives. I like the vocal harmonies. They give this tune a soulful feel.   Check out "Alive Tonight" by the "Sundogs" Written by Raye Cray

St. Louis Indie Musician & Host Leaves STL Due To Corona Virus Pandemic

By Raye Cole I recently spoke with my friend  Curt Copeland about how the Corona Virus Pandemic has effected his weekly open mics. Curt operates multiple open mic nights and performs with an amazing band " Roaming Home ." Curt shares his concerns and advice for indie musicians and venue owners in the St. Louis Metropolitan Area. You can listen to the full interview on the following sites:  Surviving As An Indie Artist YouTube Surviving As An Indie Artist Sound Cloud Surviving As An Indie Artist Anchor Surviving As An Indie Artist Facebook

Surviving As An Indie Artist: Music Review (A-Game)

Review by Raye Cray I was sent a body of work for St. Louis hip-hop artist A-Game. The name of this project is "Cross the River". A- Game has opened for artist such as J. Cole, Lil Uzi Vert, Ty Dolla Sign, Young Thug, Kyle, Lil Bobby, Jhene Aiko, Ella Mai, and Saweetie. Overall, " Cross the River" is a solid body of work. A- Game's powerful vocal delivery reminds me of Tupac Shakur. "Cross the River" would blend right into the songs that are being played on mainstream radio today. Another hip-hop artist is featured on this project as well - his name is Real Early. I enjoyed his contribution to the project. His style of rap reminds me of the group Migos. A-Game and Real Early have two different styles of rap, however, they compliment each other. I am curious to hear what they would sound like on solo projects. Check out this project and share your thoughts.  Link to Cross the River